Success Checklist For New CDL Truck Drivers
Get You Medical Card 1st
DOT Medical Exam Locations or Google Search Near You
- 2 Year down to 90 Day Card Options
- Ensure No Medical Issues before starting
Get CDL Permit at DMV – Study ALL Online
- General Knowledge
- Combination Vehicles
- Air Brakes
Get Endorsements at DMV – Study ALL Online
- Pay Own Way
- Get Company Sponsored Training
Pay Own Way
- Diploma MUST say 160 Hrs + Manual Transmission Qualified
- Google “CDL Training Near Me”
- Community College Cheapest but Longer (Nites + Weekend Classes too)
- 8-16 Weeks Average Time to Complete
- Stand Alone School
- 4 Weeks Average Time to Complete
- Price, Price, Price
- Narrow Down, Call and Visit Final 2 Options When able
- State + Federal Funding Options
- W.I.A. + Unemployment State Sponsorship
- Grants For Felons
Company Sponsored Training
- PrimeInc.com + MillisTransfer.com my top 2 choices
- Questions to Ask ALWAYS:
- How Long is Training?
- What is Training Pay?
- What is Contract Payback (including interest)+ Time Commitment?
- Can contract be bought out and for how much?
General Questions for 1st Company Employment
- How long is training?
- What is training pay?
- What pay increases in 1st year?
- Average Miles Per Week?
- Average CPM (Cents per Mile)?
- Average income for new drivers?
- Bonus Income?
- HHG (Household Goods Miles-Zip code to Zip code) or Practical (ALL Driven) Miles?
Once driving solo or team, focus on EXPERIENCE + KNOWLEDGE daily
If you need more immediate one on one help than this, please invest in a coaching call
Click Here >>> Coaching Calls With RVT
Good luck on your journey
Red Viking Trucker