What do you think about U.S Xpress

Home Forum Ask The Experts What do you think about U.S Xpress

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sapper3773 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

What do you think about working for U.S Xpress trucking for starting out as a new driver? I finish Class A CDL school 08SEP17. Do you also think that being a regional driver or OTR driver is better for starting out as a driver? Just trying to get some words of wisdom.

I don’t speak for Red. My opinion is Swift will hire all but the bottom 25% of drivers. If you live near a Swift terminal or a major customer of Swift that will make taking home time much more convenient and/or frequent. Thete are good drivers that started & have stayed with Swift.

The reputation of Stevens Transport is “nice trucks, no miles”. There are at least 2 requirements for good paychecks. 1) Good rate of pay, and 2) 2500 – 3000 miles pet week. The nature of refrigerated freight, called reefer, is long time spent at customers & odd appointment times. That’s regardless of which reefer company.

I suggest you check out TheTrucketsReport.com and read about Swift & Stevens. Both companies are discussed in depth. If you read anything from @ChinaTown you can rely on it.

1st, where do you live?
    2nd, im reading your post right that you paid your own way, right?
    let me know those 2 answers and i will help from there

Yes the VA is paying my way since I am a veteran. I live in Washington state but also have family in Raleigh NC so don’t mind knowing what’s good there as well

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.