starting out, decisions, decisions.

Home Forum Ask The Experts starting out, decisions, decisions.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hey guys, I’m started out by studying & testing for general, airbrake, combo, W/ all other endorsements scoring nearly 100% every time. Then, I watched tons of YouTube videos.
    I came to the conclusion although there are many benefits to the paid CDL programs, it is entirely about the individuals situation. It would require a little more patience to yield a better p[paycheck by getting the financial aid required to get in a school like NETTTS, but by doing that, this student Viking wouldn’t be beholding to a Trucking company’s contractual agreement in concert with the abilities of a competent dispatcher, assuming the work is sufficient to point I wouldn’t be spinning wheels deadhead, …because of a dickhead.
    Now, my question….If hauling frack sand pays over 100k, & oil is 95K, Walmart trucking isn’t the highest paid. I’d like to further break the barrier by making 100k 1st year. I know, I know,… the dues, work for 6 months at shit pay to get some blemish free OTR time. I’m not a youngster, & I don’t feel I need prove that point. I understand the laws of motion, psychics, etc. I’m 57, all about safety. I spent 20 years as a mechanic on the BlackHawk helicopters even earning a patent award.
    Is there ANY company who will consider my qualifications or give me a shot right out of the gate? Or do I simply resolve to working like a jackass for the first 6 months OTR? Bear in mind I have no wife or kids, so cross country or being home isn’t an issue for me. ….thanks

go with or and get after it
    if you jump into a lease with prime after training, you can nibble at 100k your first year by keeping the door closed and hustling
    nobody cares about your past, unless you drove truck in the military, so no, it wont help
    good luck on your journey

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.