Next step after CDL permit

Home Forum Ask The Experts Next step after CDL permit

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Codi 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I just got my CDL permit with all endorsements in California. I am wondering what should I look for in a school? Some seem to be connected to a trucking company (Swift?). Suggestions on what I should ask the schools when I call? I am planning on paying for school myself, either through a loan or with my own money… Some schools advertise that their school lasts 3-4 weeks. I want to finish as soon as I can, and start training — has anyone done school in 3 weeks? Was the training different? How was the experience? Anyone have a particular school in CA that they recommend?
    I am 61 and starting a new career. I have been a general contractor for almost 30 years.

the school MUST provide 160 hours of total training (your diploma should say that specifically), and manual transmission training for your CDL skills test driving
    my school was only 4 weeks long, and i got all of that
    i paid about 3600 including the hotel
    google “CDL schools near me” and make the calls
    simply confirm the training hours and the manual transmission skills, the time table of school for graduation, and the cost, then decide
    its a great biz for older folks, as we know how to work without complaining alot
    good luck and dont get discouraged by the crap you read online
    make it exactly what you need
    ive enjoyed it

`Thank you, RVT, I’ve been watching your YouTube videos a lot (almost all of them) and they are very informative and encouraging. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.