Husband wife no cdl

Home Forum Ask The Experts Husband wife no cdl

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  admin 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi people,
    Me and wife are looking into trucking as we both want to leave our current jobs as we aren’t making it. Looking at going thru companies for the paid training but want to do it together. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

If you mean classroom training, no problem. If you mean training in same truck at the same time with a trainer, I think US Express may do that. Few if any other companies do that. To do it means 3 people sharing 1 truck. A semi-truck has about as much space as a small apartment’s bathroom, if it has the minimum space for sink, toilet, and bathtub. Of course the truck has none of those.

Call trucking companies and ask them. If you want to do this you can spend some time calling companies. Your results in this business are proportional to your work ethic & decision making.

You might post the question in the New Driver forum at someone will have an answer. Typically husband & wife teams train in the classroom & practice area together, the each get a trainer of the same gender, and get assigned the same truck after training. Companies want teams. I just don’t see why a trainer would do it, as only 1 person can sleep while truck is moving. The top bunk is to be unoccupied while rolling.

good for you for moving forward in life

im not sure i would put the limiting factor on your company choice of being able to train together

im doing a live interview tonite, Feb 18, 2016 @ 2000 EST on my channel with a husband wife team that may help your decision

watch it live and ask questions or later and enjoy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.