Reply To: Trucking yard proximity to Home

Home Forum Ask The Experts Trucking yard proximity to Home Reply To: Trucking yard proximity to Home

It seems to vary greatly by company. Most OTR companies don’t really require you to live a certain distance from one of their yards. They go more on, “hiring areas”. For example, I lived 300 miles from my nearest company yard. It didn’t matter to them because I live in Nashville TN which was perfect for their “freight lanes”. Which meant, after home time, they would have freight all around me to pick up and had no problem routing me home since there is 3 major interstates running through here.

They will route you through one of their terminals when they need to service truck, classes, etc.

They will ask, however, where you will be parking the truck for your hometime. And it must be agreeable.

Also, if and when you decide to terminate your employment. They will want you to bring the truck to one of their yards and will usually get you a bus ticket home.

Of course, always ask all of this info when you are talking to potential companies.