Reply To: DOT Physical and mental health?

Home Forum Ask The Experts DOT Physical and mental health? Reply To: DOT Physical and mental health?

I just completed my second DOT physical and I don’t see where you would have any issues unless you have high blood pressure or diabetes which should be ok as long as its being treated. I have borderline high blood pressure and instead of getting a 2 year card they set mine to be renewed after 1 year. They won’t be doing a medical background on you so what they know is what you tell them. I’m not sure if you were saying that you have a felony or that’s just information they are asking but unfortunately I had a stupid decision that ended up with me having a felony and it hasn’t stopped me from getting a CDL but it has and will limit the companies that will hire you. I guess the biggest question that you should ask yourself is if you are medically and mentally fit for a truck driving job? Its a big responsibility not only for your safety but everyone around you. Hope this helps and good luck!