Reply To: Employee Owned Companies, Good or Bad?

Home Forum Ask The Experts Employee Owned Companies, Good or Bad? Reply To: Employee Owned Companies, Good or Bad?

It’s quite common for trucking companies to lease their trucks and have them driven by company drivers. It’s a way for a company to get some stability and predictability with reliable trucks under a factory warranty. My first company leased all of their trucks and kept them until they had 500,000 miles. Then they would turn them back in to the factory/leasing company. This meant almost all maintenance was covered by warranty. Employee-owned companies can mean stable management and happy employees. They can also mean rather than contributing to your 401(k) retirement plan they give you a check or company stock, for about what they would have contributed, and call it “your piece of he company”. Employee-Owned doesn’t tell me enough to reach a conclusion. I would think it’s good, not bad. Can you talk to any drivers working there? That’s your best source of information about a company.