starting out, decisions, decisions.

Home Forum Ask The Experts starting out, decisions, decisions.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ed.fast115 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

ed.fast115
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m started out by studying & testing for general, airbrake, combo, W/ all other endorsements scoring nearly 100% every time. Then, I watched tons of YouTube videos.
    I came to the conclusion although there are many benefits to the paid CDL programs, it is entirely about the individuals situation. It would require a little more patience to yield a better p[paycheck by getting the financial aid required to get in a school like NETTTS, but by doing that, this student Viking wouldn’t be beholding to a Trucking company’s contractual agreement in concert with the abilities of a competent dispatcher, assuming the work is sufficient to point I wouldn’t be spinning wheels deadhead, …because of a dickhead.
    Now, my question….If hauling frack sand pays over 100k, & oil is 95K, Walmart trucking isn’t the highest paid. I’d like to further break the barrier by making 100k 1st year. I know, I know,…..pay the dues, work for 6 months at shit pay to get some blemish free OTR time. I’m not a youngster, & I don’t feel I need prove that point. I understand the laws of motion, psychics, etc. I’m 57, all about safety. I spent 20 years as a mechanic on the BlackHawk helicopters even earning a patent award.
    Is there ANY company who will consider my qualifications or give me a shot right out of the gate? Or do I simply resolve to working like a jackass for the first 6 months OTR? Bear in mind I have no wife or kids, so cross country or being home isn’t an issue for me. ….thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.