Automatic Transmissions

Home Forum Ask The Experts Automatic Transmissions

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dmc3020 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 7 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

dmc3020
    Participant

Passed my CDL test yesterday! So happy, thankful, grateful, and excited!!!

admin
    Keymaster

once youve learned to drive the manual, you will own that forever, kinda like riding a bike
    dont sweat it, and just get your behind the wheel time and experience
    good luck, and thanks for being on the channel and here too
    RVT

admin
    Keymaster

good for you and get after it and keep moving forward
    RVT

dmc3020
    Participant

Hi Red and friends,

Just a quick update. As of today I have been employed with Schneider for just over 2 months. I have been living out of my truck Over The Road. My expenses are low and I am saving more than I ever have in my life. I started working with a Financial Advisor and even opened an Individual Retirement Account! I am 25 years young. I am debt free. I am changing my life and my family tree.

Here are some of my goals:

-Continue gaining experience and reach 6 months with Schneider accident free. I actually have a 6 month countdown on the home screen of my phone that keeps me motivated towards this goal.

-Segway into a job that pays more. I watched Red’s video on Oil Field jobs and it caught my eye. I have even been researching Ice Road Trucking. I want to maximize my income using the CDL I worked hard for and earned.

-Build my nest egg. In 2-3 years time, I hope to have enough money saved where I can “settle down” back home. I miss my family and my friends. I relaize the sacrifices I am making now will pay off tremendously in the long run.

-Find local CDL work and pursue my dreams. Monday-Friday weekends off. I can then continue to earn and be with friends and family. At this point my foundation will be built. I may own a home. I then may pursue a career in something other than trucking if I desire to.

Thank you all for the great informtion you have provided on this forum and the internet.

Peace,

Dylan

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  dmc3020.
Viewing 4 posts - 7 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.